Enabling this feature within Stages Link allows you to quickly and easily have your completed workouts synced to your account directly from Garmin Connect, without the need to use our desktop agent or manually upload. This also allows for wireless file uploading using autosync to upload your files through the Garmin Connect app.
Please note: a restriction applied by Garmin means when you apply the connection to Stages Link, only your future rides and the previous 30 days of rides will be automatically uploaded. If you would like to upload historical data from Garmin Connect you need to export the original files one-by-one to a folder on your desktop and then upload from there. Alternatively, if you have your files stored elsewhere, see our individual topics on how to bulk upload files using manual file upload or using the Stages Sync desktop application.
Pair your Stages Link account with Garmin Connect
- Log into Stages Link
- Select your name in the top right corner then click on My account > Connections
- Select the Connect button next to the Garmin Connect icon
- You will be re-directed to the Garmin Connect web site to authenticate using your Garmin Connect username & password
- Once accepted, you will be re-directed back to the Stages Link site
If you do not yet have the Garmin Connect app synced to your Garmin device, follow these steps:
- Install app for your Android or iPhone
- Launch the app
- Select to sign in or create an account - entering your Garmin Connect username and password
- Do you gave a Garmin device to connect? - select Yes
- Search for your device model on the list
- On your Garmin device, enable Bluetooth under Settings > Bluetooth > Enable (toggle on)
- Select Pair device on your Garmin
- Return to the app and follow the on screen instructions to complete the pairing process
Once setup, any workouts you complete and save on the Garmin will be uploaded through your phone to Garmin Connect, and then synced to Stages Link automatically within the next few minutes after they've been uploaded through your phone.