Create a course using the Stages Cycling app's course builder and sync it to your Stages Dash M200/L200 or M50/L50. Courses created on the Stages Cycling app are saved to Stages Cloud and then pushed onto your Stages Dash. Create your own custom course by tapping along the map or search for a location to navigate to and have the course builder create the route for you.
The Stages Cycling app course builder uses control points to build your ride. Control points are places on the map that the route will follow. Linking the control points together creates the course. A course has to have at least two control points, a starting point, and a finishing point.
Tap on the map to create a control point. If a starting point or other control points have already been added, the course builder will create a route between the previous point and the next control point using roads, paths, and trails on the map.
Pinch the screen to zoom in and out of the map.
Use the buttons on the lower right-hand side of the course builder to edit the control points:
|Delete all control points|
|Undo last control point|
Create a custom course by selecting the control points
- Open the Stages Cycling app and select the Devices page. Select your Stages Dash. Your Stages Dash does not need to be connected to create a course.
- On the Summary page, select Create a course.
- Your starting point will automatically be your current location. To change your start location, tap on the control point and select Delete control point.
- Choose your new starting location by selecting it on the map.
- Create the route by tapping on the streets to create control points that the route will follow.
- The list of the navigation cues along with the total distance is on the lower lefthand corner. Select it to view the list of navigation cues for your created course.
- When you have finished creating your course, select the double checkmark icon. Select Save for later.
- Name your course and select Save.
- Saved courses are located in the Courses tab in the Stages Cycling app.
Create a course by searching for a location
- Follow the same steps above to access the course builder in the Stages Cycling app.
- Your starting point will automatically be your current location. To create a new starting point, tap the control point and select Delete control point.
- Create your new starting point by selecting a new location on the map, or by searching for the location.
- Select the search icon in the upper right-hand corner to search for locations.
- Type in the address or place you wish to add to your course and select it from the list.
- This location will become your new starting point. Type in another location to create a course from your new starting point.
- The course builder will then create a route to your second location. Once finished, select the double checkmark icon. Select Save for later.
Edit the created course
Before saving, you can edit the course by moving the existing control points to modify the route.
- For courses created by using the search for location feature, you will need to add additional control points to the course in order to edit. For courses that were created by adding control points along your route, you can move existing points or add new points and move them to a new location.
- Tap anywhere on the created course and select Add control point to existing course to add a new control point.
- Tap on the control point and select Edit existing control point.
- Select a new location on the map to move the control point to. This will change the course as it will adjust to your newly placed control point.
- Add and move the control points until you are satisfied with the course.
- Once finished, select the double checkmark icon. Select Save for later.
- Name your course and select Save.
To learn how to download created courses and other 3rd party courses onto your Stages Dash, see: How to sync courses from 3rd party connections.